Purposeful. Engaging. Bold.
Charybdis is a citadel of engineering and technical capability that takes you on a visual journey of powerful structures, weapons and lore throughout the early centuries of western civilization. Performance and precision embody the powerful and resolute spirit of warriors, designed and crafted to deploy in the service of your greatest adventures.
Taking its namesake from the legendary sea dwelling beast of Greco-Roman lore, Charybdis is a machine designed and engineered to exceed the standard in every possible way.
- 42mm diameter, 22mm lug width, 15.4mm height (Including sapphire crystal)
- 316L stainless steel case, satin, polished and bead blast surfaces, black Diamond-Like Carbon coating (DLC)
- 3.7mm thick sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating
- 120 position uni-directional rotating timing bezel, ceramic insert graduated 1-60, luminous pip encased in metal shroud at 12
- Anti-magnetic soft iron inner movement case
- Water resistance to 850M/ 2788ft
- Triple O-ring sealed screw down crown system
- Case back deep engraved with specifications, secured with 6x hex bolts
- Solid strap retention bars with single side threaded hex bolt
- Micro textured matte black triple step dial with fine hexagonal relief, applied numerals, applied indices with Swiss Super-Luminova
- Sellita SW300 Swiss made mechanical movement in "Top" grade execution
- Functions: Hour, minutes, central seconds, date
- Power reserve 42 hours
- 28'800 A/h (4 Hz)
- 25 jewel, Incabloc shock protection
- Automatic and hand winding, hacking
- Fitted FKM rubber strap with pin buckle clasp (Included)
- Stainless steel Milanese mesh bracelet, double push button deployant clasp with security lock, satin finish (Optional)
- ISO 6425 certified by independent laboratory to meet professional dive watch specifications and standards
- ISO 764 standards for resistance against electro-magnetic fields
- Designed in observation of durability requirements established in MIL-PRF-46374G - U.S. Government Performance Specifications for military grade dive watches
- Includes protective watch case, strap changing tools, warranty card
- Designed in the United States, manufactured in Switzerland.
INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT AND CULTURE OF WARRIORS. BUILT TO SERVE YOU IN YOUR PURSUIT OF CHALLENGE AND PURPOSE.
Charybdis implements a fusion of industrial, minimal and artistic design to produce a unique, durable and ultimately functional performance timepiece realized through peerless Swiss engineering and technical development. Taking its namesake from the legendary sea dwelling beast of Greco-Roman lore, Charybdis is a machine designed and engineered to exceed the standard in every possible way.
“The aim of art is to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.”
– Aristotle –
Blades of Time
Once wielded by the ancient Roman Legionary and elite Praetorian Guard, the Gladius and Pugio precisely deliver your time in any light condition. Adorning the shields of some of history’s most skilled warriors, Jupiter’s thunderbolts were a symbol of divine authority and served as an early form of psychological warfare in battle.
Regarded by the Greeks and Romans as a cornerstone of architectural and artistic design, the hexagon has endured as a staple of societies for millennia.
Early mathematicians discovered that this geometry, one of the most fundamental structures of the physical world, maximized the efficient use of space. As a result, they chose it as the foundational shape of Portus, the greatest seaport in the known world that allowed early Rome the logistical and commercial capacity to evolve into an empire.
In modern times, the unique "honey comb" geometry of the lower dial has been implemented in military optics to eliminate light reflection and distortion.
An overhead schematic shows the expansive Roman seaport in its original form.
Image circa 1835
Charybdis features a 42mm case rendered in surgical grade steel, built to withstand pressure to a depth of 850m.
An unprecedented design, the bezel is crafted in the spirit of the legendary Charybdis. A fully graduated ceramic insert and luminous capsule provide for accurate measurement of elapsed time.
A thick, flat sapphire crystal enhanced with anti-reflective coating significantly reduces glare and enhances dial clarity.
An anti-magnetic "Faraday cage" shields the precision mechanical movement against magnetic forces.
Expertly finished in satin, bead-blasted and polished surfaces provide a distinct and refined character.
Materials: Stainless Steel
Capability: 850m/ 2788ft
Crystal: Flat sapphire, anti-reflective coating
Bezel: 120 position, unidirectional, ceramic inlay, luminous capsule
Crown: Multi-gasket, screw down
Case back: Solid, engraved with specifications
Charybdis’ bracelet is a finely woven stainless steel mesh, brushed to a satin finish. It is strong, elegant and wears like a second skin. The pinnacle in its class, it is a testament to meticulous German craftsmanship.